czwartek, 26 kwietnia 2012

Transformacje part three



“What is her sister’s name?”
I want to know what her sister’s name is.

I caught flu as soon as I had recovered from measles
I had hardly recovered from measles when I caught flu

I’d prefer to drive rather than walk
I’d rather drive than walk

He both paints and writes novels
Not only does he paint but he also writes novels

I wanted to know whose those books were
“who do these books belong to?”
The things he said about that dictator was shocking
What he said about that dictator were shocking

I thought the lecture would be worse than that
The lecture was not as bad as I had thought ---- had ważne

They didn’t hear any sound
Not a sound did they hear

He found studying at night quite difficult
He wasn’t used to studying at night

Someone stole the old lady’s purse
The old lady was robbed of the purse
Both exercises were too difficult to solve
I couldn’t solve neither of these exercises.

Shall I do the washing up for you?
Why don’t you have me do the washing up for you.

We must reconsider our offer
What we must do is reconsider our offer

Nobody has ever written in this exercise- book
This exercise-book has never been written in

We ought to forbid such demonstrations
It’s time such demonstration were forbidden

Jim wrote the letter before I came to see him
We I came to see Jim , he had already written the later

She will probably oppose your plan
She is likely to oppose your plan.

We’ll have to take him to hospital if he doesn’t regain consciousness
Unless he regains consciousness we’ll have to take him to hospital

In spite of the fact that she liked football, she didn’t go with you
In spite of liking football, she didn’t go with you.

He took off his shoes because he did not want to stain the carpet
He took off his shoes so he wouldn’t stain the carpet

Please, forecast weather for tomorrow rather than for next year
I’d rather you forecast weather for today than tomorrow

Laying the tiles was difficult and you don’t realize it
You don’t realize how difficult it was to lay the tiles

Do you approve of his plan?
Are you in favour  of his plan?

He hasn’t driven a bus for six years
It’s been six years since he last drove a bus

Stop leaving dirty dishes on the table
I wish you would stop leaving

I am looking for the book with a torn cover
I am looking for the book the cover of which is torn/ whose cover is torn
You can’t speak English and that’s why you can’t find work
You won’t find work without being able to speak

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz