czwartek, 26 kwietnia 2012

Trnasformacje part two



Someone might find a solution to the problem soon
A solution to the problem might be found soon.
I am sure he was having a bath when I called
He must have been having a bath when I called

People believe she was born in Australia
She is believed to have been born in Australia

I don’t like you knitting in the office
I’d rather you didn’t knit

I think we should raise your salary
It’s time we raised your salary

I won’t vote for him because he has been involved in a financial scandal
If he hadn’t been involved in a financial scandal I would vote for him

I’d like to be a mathematical genius
If only I were a mathematical genius

Even though she felt jealous she managed to hide her feeling
Despite feeling jealous, she managed to hide her feeling

“You cheated in the exam, didn’t you Neil?” said the college principal
The college principal accused Neil of cheating in the exam.

I am sure they helped the guy to escape
They must have helped the guy to ecape

Mary is very nervous, that is why she always shouts at you.
If Mary were not so nervous , she wouldn’t  always shout at you.

He regrets that he did not attend the party yesterday
He wished he had attended the party.

He was annoyed because I walked across the field
He objected to my walking across the field

Hasn’t she got any other ideas?
Is this the only idea she had?

They say he was a very handsome man
He is said to have been a very handsome man

It is not necessary to pay for the books in cash
The books don’t have to be paid for in cash

Although he was very sleepy, he managed to finish the book
Despite being very sleepy he managed to finish the book
“ Don’t worry about me if I am late” she told her mum
She told her mum not to worry if she was late

She didn’t see Peter last week and I didn’t see him either
Neither she nor I saw Peter last week.

Tom didn’t steal the money. He didn’t know where the key to the safe was.
Tom can’t have stolen the money, he didn’t know where the key to the safe was.

His headache was so bad that he decided not to go to the concert
He had such a bad headache that he decided not to go to the concert

Please don’t talk to me like that
I wish you wouldn’t take to me like that

Perhaps he has had an accident somewhere on his way home
He might/may have had an accident on his way home

They sent a hundred men but still they couldn’t find him
In spite having sent 100 men they couldn’t find him

He didn’t play very well so he lost the match
If he played better he wouldn’t have lost the match

I don’t like you doing it
I’d rather you didn’t do it

They made her go immediately
She was made to go immediately

He managed to put his tent up in the dark
He succeeded in putting his tent up in the dark

Nobody has ever shown us how to do it
We have never been shown how to do it by anybody

If I don’t leave now, I will miss my train
I’ll miss my train, unless I leave now

Don’t you regret not learning to swim
Don’t you wish you had learnt to swim?

If you study more , you will get better grades
The more you study the better grades you will get

He lied before, so I didn’t believe him this time
If he hadn’t lied before I would have believed him this time
I wish you were over eighteen
If only you were over 18

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz